Friday 3 October 2014

Day 7...Gratitude Challenge

I just had to post this here too.. LOL
My #GratitudeFace


Reasons why I am so Grateful………..Last Day/Day7 #Gratitude Challenge

This story started after I lost my Dad when I was just 4yrs old. At this time mum (who was semi literate, runs a petty shop in  the house/unilag staff quarters) and I had to leave the quarters after Dad’s death. Mum had no job/business/work,..No accommodation..So we ended up in my aunty’s place (Mum’s elder sister, sells roasted fish #EjaYiyan in a market in shomolu, Lives in a one room apartment with her 4 kids). So it was just normal that my mum(A lecturer’s wife…lol) join the business.. oh I mean the eja yiyan(smoked fish) business . And with this business from primary to secondary , with God’s help… she raised me #Grateful. 

This Isnt Me oooo
During these times I have had to sell,roast, and hawk fish..lol. a lot of things happened. I was almost kidnapped at one time and God was here, God seeing me through. #Grateful

Some years later things got a bit better we were able to move into another apartment, so I didn’t have to sleep under the bed, that old school iron bed, usually very high..lol. and plenty luggage  ( I mean clothes in GhanaMust go o)and other things under it, but I survived. Even though there was this day that I almost got burnt, Kerosene poured on me overnight cos I was close to where they keep the stove and kerosene keg. thank God there was no fire, My back peeled …I think the kerosene was harsh or something , it was those times that there was this rumors that kerosene was mixed with petrol or something..If you remember, a lot of people died. #Grateful.  So About 4/5 yrs later Mum, Remarried.. although we still sell in the market. So we usually have to go the market for two days, Sundays and Mondays.. Imagine? No church, I miss school on Mondays most times..cos I had to assist mum. And in all God saw me through. You know that saying “Inu ikoko dudu ni eko funfun ti jade”. I was the best student in my class even in all this…#Grateful.


Hmmmm…. There was this day I almost died o or if not something really bad would have happened,it was a June 12 before it became public holidays,There was a riot. I think in 1997 or so. I was going to the market/school from the house, yea I was supposed to go drop my lil sis (who was some months old) with my mum who had gone to the market a day before and go to school after. We (the bus I was in) had to turn back cos of the riot, the roads were blocked, we couldn’t move forward. So we had to go back home. In the middle of gunfire and shots… with my lil sister in my back, two bags in my hands,.. the bus could not go back,. He dropped us in the middle of the road, all the other passengers went helter skelter,.. I ran and fell a couple of times….Alone, but God was With me.. He saved me #Grateful                  
Years went by, God saw us through.Mum’s business got bigger and better she started the frozen foods business,..#Grateful.  I finished secondary school, Got into university a year after, graduated and started working immediately after NYSC,…God am soooo Grateful. He has been with since then and He is still here with me doing His wonders,giving me reasons to be grateful every second,minute,hour,day,week,month,year…and all my life. #GRATEFUL.
 Please participate in this challenge, Let people know how grateful you are, What God has done for you... Appreciate God.. Show your Gratitude. #GratitudeChallenge.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your comments...Your email will not be published

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...